This month went by super fast (har har) and I can’t believe it’s already time for my Sentence a Day post! Have you heard of this kind of journaling? You jot down one sentence each day, and by the end of the month you have a pretty good snapshot of what your month was like! It’s easy to do and easy to keep up with. If you want to join us, link up below!
Now for the goods:
The kids and I went and read books to the animals at the shelter today. The kids really loved it!
Hubs leaves for a week long trip today…send all the coffee!
Today’s playlist is short and sweet:
- Welcome to the Jungle- Guns N Roses
- Across the Universe- Beatles
- Faithfully- Journey
- Blinded by the Light- Manfred Mann
And, the car has a flat tire and needs a new battery. Something always breaks when hubs is away!
Today is laundry day! We’re getting ready for a trip to the Superman Celebration in Metropolis, Illinois!
Packing for five children by myself is insane!
Dropped the cats and dogs off at the boarders. Almost ready to go!
And, we’re on our way! Metropolis, here we come!
It’s insanely hot here! But we found a cute little coffee shop downtown and it’s literally saving my bacon!
My dad and son got to meet Brandon Routh (Played superman in Superman Returns)!
The Cosplaying was so awesome today! Now, on our way home.
Road trip hangover, man. ugh.
- Brandy (You’re a Fine Girl)- Looking Glass
- Mr. Blue Sky- ELO
- Eleanor Rigby/Julia- The Beatles
- The House of the Rising Sun- The Animals
- Gypsy- Fleetwood Mac
- Separate Ways- Journey
- Dream On- Aerosmith
- Pink Houses- John Mellencamp
Today, hubs and I have been married 17 years! We’re going to get the kids watched and spend the weekend together!
Well, we didn’t tell anyone, but we decided to have a staycation since I’m not feeling very well. I think it’s just heat exhaustion?
It was so great to just binge watch some TV and order takeout with my love!
- Let it Be- Beatles
- One of These Nights- Eagles
- Miss You- Rolling Stones
- Go Your Own Way- Fleetwood Mac
- You Shook Me All Night Long- AC/DC
- Sweet Emotion- Aerosmith
- Something- Beatles
- Just What I Needed- The Cars
- Hurts So Good- John Mellencamp
- Heartache Tonight- Eagles
- (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction- Rolling Stones
Still not feeling well, so I went to the doctor and got some medicine. Hopefully I’ll be on the mend soon!
Aaannnd our AC went out in 90+ degree weather! Getting the unit replaced today.
HVAC guys at our house again all day. We’re all just trying to stay cool until it’s fixed.
AC is on! Playlist:
- I Guess That’s Why They Call it The Blues- Elton John
- Say You Love Me- Fleetwood Mac
- Superstition- Stevie Wonder
- Lodi- CCR
- Fool in The Rain- Zeppelin
- Fly Like an Eagle- Steve Miller Band
- Twist and Shout- Beatles
- Somebody to Love- Queen
- Gold Dust Woman- Fleetwood Mac
- Rich Girl- Hall & Oates
- Come on Eileen- Dexy’s Midnight Runners
- You May Be Right- Billy Joel
- Stuck in the Middle With You- Steelers Wheel
- We Are the Champions- Queen
Took the kids to read books to the animals at the shelter again today! The kids just love it!
- Fortunate Son- CCR
- The Wind Cries Mary- Jimi Hendrix
- Jessie’s Girl- Rick Springfield
- Ghost Riders in the Sky- Cash
- Walk This Way- Aerosmith
- Any Way You Want It- Journey
- Rock ‘n Me- Steve Miller Band
- Free Fallin’- Tom Petty
- Sweet Child o’ Mine- Guns n Roses
- Brown Eyed Girl- Van Morrison
- Fat Bottomed Girls- Queen
- Revolution- Beatles
Today my baby had to get his teeth worked on. Totally broke this mama’s heart, but he was so brave. Much braver than me!
HVAC guys are back to put in some mini-splits downstairs. Hopefully this helps our AC keep up with all the heat!
- Free Bird- Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Shake It Up- The Cars
- Magic Carpet Ride- Steppenwolf
- Say You Love Me- Fleetwood Mac
- Cocaine- Eric Clapton
- The Boys of Summer- Don Henley
- Day Tripper- Beatles
- Black Dog- Led Zeppelin
- Gimme Three Steps- Lynyrd Skynyrd
My daughter has a gymnastics competition today! The last one for the season before she moves up levels!
And that was my month in a nutshell! Always busy and always something breaking, apparently! ha! It was a great month. The perfect kickoff to summer! If you like this kind of journaling and would like to join us, please link up with us below! And be sure to visit some other Sentence a Day posts!