Welcome to our Soup-Chili-Stew Recipe Swap & Blog Hop!
Now that it’s cool out, don’t you just want something hot and comforting? I can’t wait to see what all my friends post so I can add it to my list of recipes to try!
You may be disappointed that I don’t have anything entirely original. I actually got mine off Pinterest. BUT!
Oh, it was good.
If you like Beef Stroganoff, you’ll love this version. It’s warm and savory and all of us had seconds, even the kids. It’s super easy, too since it’s all in one pot!
See the original recipe HERE at Belly Full.
What you’ll need:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound beef sirloin, trimmed of fat, thinly sliced into bite-sized strips
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce ( added more!)
- 5 cups low-sodium beef stock (or chicken stock)
- 1 1/2 cups dried egg noodles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- chopped parsley
For full directions on how to cook this delicious meal, please visit Belly Full’s recipe page!
Now, when we made it I used what I had on hand. I swapped out the beef sirloin for the ground beef that I had on hand and used canned mushrooms instead of crimini. And I totally ditched the parsley.
A couple tips:
- DO let the soup cool before serving and eating. We couldn’t wait and ate it boiling hot and the soup hadn’t thickened yet.
- DO drain the oil if you use ground beef. Normal people would have remembered this, but I did not.
- If you have kids, DO add extra noodles! Mine LOVED it!
I hope you try this recipe and love it as I did! Full credit goes to Amy at Belly Full! Thank you, Amy, for posting a wonderful recipe!
Head on over to my friend Sarah at Foxys Domestic Side and see what she’s got cooking! Or, check out the Link-Up below!
Thanks for stopping by!